This hat offers much-needed warmth and wind protection in cold conditions. We have simply added a windstopper outer layer to our bestselling Arctic Hat, giving you a robust defence against the prevailing winds.
The Arctic Collection consists of innovative outdoor functional wear. The two-layer garments in this collection have a Super Thermo mesh interior and high quality, insulating Merino wool exterior. This combined mesh and wool construction give the garments an impressive warmth-to-weight ratio.
The inner layer stays dry due to few contact points against the skin, and the mesh absorbs virtually no moisture. Cells in the mesh trap warm air, which is the secret to its superb insulating performance. During high physical activity, perspiration vapour is transported away from the body to the wool exterior, which absorbs and evaporates the moisture further and forms an insulating layer over the mesh cells. No other baselayer achieves this effect in a single product.
Worn by the Norwegian military and polar expedition teams, Arctic baselayers will keep you warm and dry in the harshest conditions. The Arctic Double Collection has been awarded the Norwegian Textile Industry’s Innovation prize and frequently receives the highest score in brand comparison tests.
- S/M (head circumference 54-56 cm)
- L/XL (head circumference 56-59 cm)
- Elasticated windstopper fabric – comfortable to wear
- Brynje of Norway dual-layer technology – unrivalled moisture management and insulation performance in extremely cold temperatures
- Soft and comfortable next to the skin
- Non-chafing flatlock seams
Machine washable and repairable
- Material Composition
- Inner lining: 100% polypropylene mesh
- Mid-layer: 80% Merino wool and 20% polyamide
- Outer layer, windstopper fabric: 50% polyester and 50% polyurethane
- Material Weight
- Inner lining, mesh: 140 g/m2
- Mid-layer, merino wool: 220 g/m2
- Outer layer, windstopper fabric: 95 g/m2
- Product Weight: 70 g
- Merino Fibre Diameter: 20,5 micron (fine medium)
Wear your clothes for as long as possible and repair
Brynje quality outdoor clothing is made to last. Once purchased, we encourage customers to wear their garments for as long as possible. An alternative to ‘fast fashion’, Brynje’s collections come in timeless colours and designs to ensure long-term wearability. Our goal is not to become the biggest brand in the market, but rather to encourage responsible consumption and work with our customers to protect the environment. We are acutely aware of the need to lower consumption rates to preserve nature and future life on the planet. Our ideal customer appreciates quality, makes repairs instead of buying new, and wears their Brynje garment for as long as possible. This benefits both the wallet and the environment.