Robust and versatile outdoor pants suitable for all-season use in the mountain and backcountry. The pants offer excellent protection in demanding conditions and rugged terrain. Made to last, they will retain performance over time and age gracefully into a classic, weathered look.
Created in collaboration with leading outdoor and wilderness guides, the design incorporates numerous well-considered technical details. The Ventile fabric is windproof and will keep you dry for extended periods during light showers. Relatively quick drying and virtually noise free, the fabric has a soft, comfortable feel against the skin.
The pants are made from compression-woven organic Ventile® cotton that is water-repellent yet exceptionally breathable (non-condensing). The secret to Ventile’s water-repellency lies in the swelling of the woven fibres when they come into contact with water, forming an effective barrier against light rain. At times of prolonged or heavy downpours, you may experience water seepage, but in exchange, appreciate the superior breathability compared to regular shell and rain outerwear. Originally developed fire hose material, Ventile fabric was repurposed as cockpit clothing by the British Royal Air Force (RAF) just before World War II, as a way to increase fighter pilot survivability during cold water landings. It has stood the test of time and is still in use in the RAF today. This high-performing fabric was also worn during the first ascent of Mount Everest in 1953, and on numerous polar expeditions since.
Abrasion-resistant Kevlar® fabric has been used to reinforce the seat, knees and lower leg, and to improve the pants’ durability. Whilst the Kevlar fabric itself is neither water nor wind repellent, it enhances freedom of movement due to its four-way stretch and contributes to overall breathability and moisture transport. For extra weather protection, a layer of stretchy water-repellent wind fabric has been added to the underside of the Kevlar material.
Large dual leg vents offer ample options for temperature regulation. The pants feature ankle cuff volume adjusters with press buttons and drawcord fastening, and the bottom hems have bootlace hooks to prevent snow from entering. The sturdy, elasticated waistband comes with both belt loops, Velcro tightening and loops for braces.
Explore Ventile Pants are perfectly combinable with our range of robust shell jackets. For optimal moisture transport and thermoregulation, we recommend wearing Super Thermo mesh next to the skin, with a Classic Merino Wool midlayer in cold weather. The metal loop Elastic Belt is designed to fit our entire range of outdoor pants.
- Fit: Men’s regular
- Material 1: Single layer compression-woven Ventile® fabric, made from 100% raw organic cotton fibres that swell and form an effective rain barrier when in contact with water. The fabric is highly breathable and non-condensing, effectively releasing body heat and vapour.
- Material 2: Abrasion-resistant Kevlar® provides added durability and freedom of movement due to the material’s four-way stretch. Kevlar is not water-or wind repellent, but contributes to overall breathability and moisture transport.
- Double leg vents:
– lower leg: 40 cm with two-way zipper
– thigh: 20 cm with zipper and mesh lining
- Four zippered pockets: two hip pockets and two pockets on the front thighs
- Strong, elasticated waistband with robust Velcro tightening
- Belt loops
- Loops for braces
- Ankle cuff volume adjusters with press buttons and drawcord fastening
- Removable knee pad
- Bottom hem bootlace hooks to prevent snow from entering
- Soft and comfortable to wear
- Robust and durable
- Quiet – perfect for hunting, nature watching and nature photography
- Made in Europe
- Machine washable, can be reproofed and repaired
- Material 1: Single layer compression-woven Ventile®, made from 100% raw organic cotton fibres (hydrostatic head / water column 750 mm)
- Material 2: Abrasion-resistant Kevlar®, Bluesign® certified
- Product Weight: 380 grams in size M
- Material Weight: 190 g / m2
- Zippers: YKK